A Bimodal Transportation Model for Steam Coal Exportation Based on Magdalena River as Main Waterway
The aim of this work is to offer a new alternative to allow the release of the Colombian coal transportation system that nowadays is under a saturation state. For this reason it is proposed, the option of making the exportation of the surplus production granted by the thermic coal mining activity focused on the Cesar department, through a bimodal transportation system that will highlight on the Magdalena River as the most important way for the logistic development of the country. As main key and support tool, the Discrete Event Simulation (DES) methodology was used for conducting experiments based on information which has given the characterization of the proposed system. Hence, the establishment of the conceptual model that determinated and limit the system, a simulation in the software Rockwell Arena was implemented which results were tested and analyzed to study the performance of itself.
BOTTER, R. (2002). "Tratamento de Dados em Modelos de Simulação Discreta". Tese de Livre Docência - EPUSP (Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo). São Paulo.
BUGARIC, U., & PETROVIC, D. (2000). "Modelling and Simulation of Specialized River Terminals for Bulk Cargo Unloading".
CABRERA, J. (1995). "Transporte Intermodal en el Corredor Central de Colombia". PNV USP (Departamento de Engenharia Naval e Oceânica Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo). São Paulo.
CASSETTARI, L., MOSCA, R., REVETRIA, R., & ROLANDO, F. (2011). Sizing of a 3,000,000t Bulk Cargo Port Through Discrete And Stochastic Simulation Integrated With Response Surface Methodology Techniques. Proceedings of the 11th WSEAS international conference on Signal processing, computational geometry and artificial vision, and Proceedings of the 11th WSEAS international conference on Systems theory and scientific computation, 211- 216.
CHWIF, L. (1999). "Redução de Modelos de Simulação de Eventos Discretos na Sua Concepção: Uma Abordagem Causal". Tese de Doutorado - EPUSP (Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo). São Paulo.
CIGOLINI, R., & ROSSI, T. (2010). Sizing Off-Shore Transhipment System in Dry-Bulk Transportation. Production, Planning and Control, 508-522.
DEMIRCI, E. (2003). Simulation Modelling and Analysis of Port Investment. Simulation, 94-105.
INTERNACIONAL ENERGY AGENCY. 12. (2012). "IEA Statistics, Coal Information". Paris.
KONDRATOWICZ, L. (1990). Simulation Methodology for Intermodal Freigh Transportation Terminals. Simulation, 49-58.
LAW, A. (2007). Simulation Modeling and Analysis. McGraw-Hill.
MENDES, A. (1999). "Modelo Econômico - Operacional para o Dimensionamento do Transporte Intermodal de Cargas pela Hidrovia Tietê - Paraná". Dissertação de Mestrado - EPUSP (Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo). São Paulo.
NAYLOR, T., BALINTFY, J., BURDICK, D., & CHU, K. (1971). "Técnicas de Simulação em Computadoras". São Paulo: Editora da Universidade de São Paulo.
PEGDEN, D., SHANNON, R., & SADOWSKI, R. (1995). "Introduction to Simulation Using Siman". Blaklick: McGraw- Hill.
PETER, K., & ARANGNO, D. (1993). "Simulation Validation: A Confidence Assessment Methodology". IEEE.
WCA. (2013). World Coal Association. Acesso em 28 de Janeiro de 2013, disponível em http://www.worldcoal.org/coal/market amp- transportation/
Copyright (c) 2016 Ciencia y tecnología de buques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode