Development of a Comparison Method of Sonar Systems for Surface Platforms
AbstractThis work sought to study the models of acoustic signal propagation in marine environments according toopen literature currently available, by interpreting the different effects occurring during their propagationand their characteristic principal parameters; identifying models of underwater acoustic propagation thatmay occur and its corresponding simulation for its understanding. Software, denominated BELLFAT,was developed in Matlab, which permits predicting, evaluating, and analyzing the capabilities of anactive sonar system. Such can function by taking depth, temperature, salinity in the sea of any referencearea and the characteristics of the sonar to evaluate. Thus, this computational tool is established to studymarine sonar systems sought to be developed or as a key piece to establish the characteristics active sonarmust have for the purposes of a surface platform.
GOMEZ TORRES, JOSE M: Warship Combat Systems Selection Methodology Based on a Discrete Event Simulation. Monterrey, 2010, 151 h. Thesis (Master of Science Mechanical Engineering). Naval Postgraduate School. Faculty of Naval Engineering. Department of Systems Engineering.
CURTIN UNIVERSITY TECHNOLOGY. Centre for Marine Science and Technology. Available in http://cmst.curtin.edu.au/
APARICIO, JOAQUÍN y GARCIA, ENRIQUE. Modelos de propagación de señales acústicas en entornos subacuáticos. Departamento de Ing. Electrónica. Universidad de Extremadura. Madrid. Available in: http://www.geintra-uah.org/system/files/models_de_propagacion_de_senales_acusticas_en_entornos_subacuaticos_i_y_ii-vdef.pdf
URICK, ROBERT. Principles of Underwater Sound. Third Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1983.
MEDWIN, H. Speed of Sound in Water for Realistic Parameters. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America.1975.p. 58
LABORATORIO DE PROCESADO DE IMAGEN. Available in: http://www.lpi.tel.uva.es/~nacho/docencia/ing_ond_1/trabajos_04_05/io9/public_html/sonar.html
EL OCÉANO EN LAS CIENCIAS NATURALES Y SOCIALES. Características Generales de los espacios Oceánicos y zonas costeras colombianas. Bogotá D.C.: Cassa Creativa Ltda., 2001. Available in: http://www.cco.gov.co/ciencias%20naturales/unidad%20nueve.pdf
MAJLUF, PATRICIA. Los Ecosistemas Marinos y Costeros. Proyecto Estrategia Regional de Biodiversidad para los Países del Trópico Andino, 2002. Serie de Informes: p. 9. ATN/JF-5887/RG (CAN BID). Available in: http:// www.comunidadandina.org/desarrollo/te2.PDF
Copyright (c) 2015 Ciencia y tecnología de buques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode